Job loss, sudden illness, natural disaster - all can change a person's life in the blink of an eye. What was the daily mission of keeping up with expenses becomes a desperate struggle to keep a roof overhead, utilities turned on, and food on the table. By providing emergency financial assistance when a family needs it most, our Housing Support Services Program can help families stay in their homes and get their lives back to normal.
How It Works
Individuals and families needing assistance find out about the Housing Support Services program through word of mouth, referral from other organizations or referral from 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares. For more information, or to set up an interview with our case manager, call (727) 442-6881 ext. 1. Clients are seen by appointment only, so please call to set up an appointment.
During the interview, a qualification process is completed. Some or all of the following questions may be used to determine eligibility for assistance:
- Is the financial crisis sudden and short-term or ongoing?
- What steps has the applicant taken to solve the problem?
- Is the current income at or below the poverty level?
- Is there an expectation that income will be regained?
- What other services does the applicant need to ensure independence is regained soon?
Those who are eligible for our services then receive the help they need. Those who would be better helped by organizations offering other types of assistance receive referrals to those organizations.