UMCM Suncoast is a dynamic workplace focused on providing service through literacy, hunger relief and housing support services. If you're looking for a fulfilling, challenging and change-making occupation, check out our job openings below!
**To apply for any of the following positions, please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to:
with the position title in the subject line.
Applications may be downloaded by clicking here.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Our centers care for children ages 8 weeks to 5 yrs (VPK) and operate to NAEYC guidelines. Classes have low ratios and cater to a multi-ethnic population needing a quality program to be ready for school. Centers are open Monday-Friday, year round. Positions are full-time, 40 hours per week. We use Teaching Strategies, Creative Curriculum, and Conscious Discipline materials and methodology. Experience with these is a plus. Training is also provided.
All Full-time Employees are offered:
- Attractive Health & Dental benefits and retirement package, paid 100% by employer with additional voluntary options.
- 15 days PTO (Personal Time Off) plus paid public holidays annually.
- In-service training during regular work hours, whenever possible, at no cost to the employee.
- First Aid/CPR training and renewals at no cost to employee.
CURRENT OPENINGS -
Classroom Aides, Clearwater & St Petersburg (posted 8/21/17): Minimum HS Diploma. Current CDA/FCCPC or Staff Credential Verification. DCF 45 clock hours. Ability to pass Level 2 Background Screenings plus employment history checks for previous 5 years (when conducted by agency upon hire).
Support Aides, Clearwater & St Petersburg (posted 8/21/17) : Support Aides must meet the minimum qualifications of Classroom Aides. This position is suited to someone who enjoys rotating between ages and classrooms as required to meet the needs of the center, and as instructed by the Center Director.
**To apply for one of these positions, please follow instructions at top of the Careers page.
Join a dynamic team that gives non-English speakers, both individuals and families, the literacy skills they need to work, play and achieve in the US! With programs on the west coast of Florida, our literacy team makes a difference in the lives of thousands each year.
ESOL Teachers (part-time), 3 sites in Pinellas County (posted 8/21/17): The ESOL Teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing instruction using appropriate curriculum, instructional techniques and strategies to enable student improvement in English proficiency, life skills and cross-cultural integration. (Day and evening positions available)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA degree with an ESOL certification plus one (1) year applicable ESOL work experience preferred.
- Or, minimum High School diploma with at least 2 years work experience in any field plus ESOL certification with two (2) years applicable ESOL work experience in lieu of higher education.
- Acceptable ESOL certifications include: State certification or endorsement, TEFL or TESL with classroom hours, or a CELTA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with students and volunteer tutors who encompass a wide range of ages, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Willing to attend agency-run volunteer management training.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to function as a team player and also work independently.
- Ability to be at site regularly at assigned times.
- Knowledge of email sufficient to communicate with central office staff.
- Strong computer skills.
- Clean local and Level II Background checks (when conducted by agency upon hire).
- Willing to work evenings.
- Reliable transportation.
- Wholehearted commitment to UMCM’s mission, values and programs
Position is part-time, hourly, non-exempt. All UMCM staff are hired "At-will". No contract implied or intended. EOE
**To apply, please follow instructions at top of the Careers page.